In a warm, caring environment Alzheimer’s Special Care Unit, The Gardens, enables residents to function at their highest possible level, enhance their quality of life and slow deterioration of the disease. The Gardens was built especially for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. Its self-contained, yet home like environment allows individuals to freely explore the area on their own, without risk of wandering away. The Gardens was designed to offer a secure and flexible lifestyle emphasizing independence. This area features a large living area and natural light from large windows. Structured activities such as exercise programs, reminiscence, art and music therapy, are provided under the direction of a certified recreational therapist.
In addition to various activities for your loved ones, Beth Haven offers special support for families experiencing Alzheimer’s. On the third Wednesday of every other month (February, April, June, August, October and December), at 4:00 p.m., we provide an Alzheimer’s Support Group in which family members find additional support through those experiencing similar situations. Also offered to families is the opportunity to participate in special evening activities with their loved ones.
- Semi-private and private rooms furnished with residents’ belongings
- Medicare and Medicaid certified facility
- Personal care from a professional staff including RNs, LPN, Certified Nurse Aides, and Certified Restorative Aides
- Specially educated staff to meet the special needs of dementia residents
- A living environment with plants and birds
- Activities specially designed for individuals with memory impairment, offered 7 days a week, including holidays
- Family style dining
- Secured patio and courtyard with outdoor seating
- Pastoral care
- Religious services, in house and community based
- A non-smoking environment
Contact with the Mid-Missouri Alzheimers Association is maintained to receive updated information, training opportunities for staff and family members.